Welcome to the new, free, Bingo.com aimed at our North American players!
For those of you who are coming back to us after a few months, and for those who are experiencing Bingo.com for the first time, let me just say that we are thrilled both to have you here and to provide to you a great combination of our old “Classic Games” and the best community features you will find on any bingo-related site on the Internet!
Before I go into the details of what we have available to you and what our plans are, I think we owe an apology to all our players who had been with us for up to 10 years! In May of this year, there was a massive change in our website due to us having to make some very hard business decisions due, in part, to the economic crisis that was sweeping most of the world. Part of the changes we had to implement included “contracting out” the free portion of the website to the company that runs our cash games for the European market. We really wish we hadn’t had to do that but the economy took much of the choice out of our hands. Once again, please accept our apologies for disrupting the experience you had enjoyed for so long! Fortunately, things have changed once again…
Many of you were very upset with the recent changes and we listened very carefully. We read your messages in the chat and we read your posts on our Facebook page…and, after a few months to get back on our feet, we’re pleased to announce that the team which ran Bingo.com’s free website for all those years are back with a brand new site! We hope you’ll give it a try!
OK…what have we got for you right now? Here’s the list:
- You asked for them again and again – so our old “Classic Games” are back. You don’t need to spend BingoBucks to buy cards – but you will win BingoBucks should you win. What a deal!
- We’ve also brought back our old “Classic Poker” and “Classic Slots”
- Amazing new community options for you to post photos, connect with your friends and generally yak about stuff! Please have a look at our “FAQ Page”, which you will find listed under “Support” for details about what the various terms in the community section mean and how to use them.
- Our new Blog – which you are reading now. One of the things we’ve learned (ok, ok, took us a while, we know) is that listening closely to you guys is a good thing! This blog is, therefore, meant to be two things. First, it’s a way for us to give you information about the site, our plans, and various other fun things…but, also, for us to hear your feedback and suggestions for things you’d like us to include. Our commitment to you is that we will be open to your ideas and consider them seriously… Oh yeah, the blog is also going to include updates from Manfred & Ava von Bingo. You’ll see Manfred’s Travels and Ava’s Corner, to begin with…so please come along for the ride!
- Facebook and Twitter Feeds. You will see these in the right margin of this blog updates from our Facebook page and Twitter feeds. Most of you will probably have a Facebook account so head on over to ours to check it out. If you haven’t tried Twitter, let us encourage you to do so – it’s an amazing way to meet new friends, search for what interests you (someone is always talking about any subject).
Now for the main thing that will be coming along in the next few weeks! The main one is that we’ll be bringing back sweepstakes & prizes – in other words, giving you something to spend all those hard earned BingoBucks on! We’ve been rushing to get the new site back to you so have not had the time to build those parts yet…but we will…and soon!
Speaking of BingoBucks, for all you old-timers, you will see that your BingoBucks have stayed in your accounts. For all those who arrived while the site was being hosted by our cash gaming partner, your points totals from that site will have been raised to a minimum of 10,000 BingoBucks. If you have any questions on this, please check out our Support page and email our ever-industrious Ava von Bingo.
I think we’ll stop now as you’re all probably bored to death and would rather be playing bingo! Stay tuned for more…
Once again, welcome back to the old, yet new, Bingo.com!
Your friends at Bingo.com.
PS: I’m sure we’ll discover a few glitches over the next few days…so please let us know if you spot any!